Hi! I’m Perri (or @66PerriStreet — yes, like where Carrie Bradshaw lives). I was the most viewed journalist on Muck Rack in 2021. You can check out my Q&A with Muck Rack here.
I write about what interests me. That means I’ve covered everything from interviewing five still-married couples from “The Bachelor” franchise on its 20th anniversary for the New York Times to test-driving compression boots for the Wall Street Journal. You can see my most recently published articles here.
I’m proud to be a native Manhattan-ite and lucky to have spent time growing up far from Gotham’s madding crowds in the Catskills. After graduating from Columbia University with a B.A. in psychology, here’s the Reader’s Digest version:
- I’m a freelance writer and editor for publications like the New York Post, Travel & Leisure, Business Insider, Men’s Journal, Rolling Stone, BestProducts.com, Architectural Digest, Bon Appétit, Fox News, Robb Report, Men’s Health, Martha Stewart, SELF, SFgate.com, AAA Magazine, and many others.
- I offer editorial services for corporate clients including blog posts, product descriptions, and video scripts.
- I also teach PR pros and companies how to knock it out of the park with writers and editors so feel free to reach out at the email below to learn more.
- From 2017 until 2021, I served as the senior staff writer at SouthernLiving.com. Prior to that, I was an associate editor at Men’s Journal and Reader’s Digest. I’ve also held freelance editor roles at Architectural Digest, The Knot, and The Vitamin Shoppe.
- I’m a culinary school grad of Natural Gourmet Institute’s chef’s training program and I’ve worked for Mark Bittman as a writer on his cookbooks team, as well as serving as his digital and social media editor.
If you’d like to talk about writing or editing opportunities or have an extra pair of pit tickets to a Dave Matthews Band concert, feel free to get in touch at email@example.com.
Oh! Got a good book rec? Here’s what I’m reading, and I’m all ears for your suggestions.